Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Senior Wildfire Officer Prevention
$67,418.93 - $77,019.79 annually
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is a unique area of government tasked with the responsibility of preventing, managing and suppressing unwanted wildfire on the landscape. Approximately 1600 field workers - comprising technical experts, strategic thinkers and fire operations staff - are dedicated to undertaking the BCWS mandate in delivering effective wildfire management and emergency response support to protect life and values at risk, encouraging sustainable, healthy and resilient ecosystems.
This position is responsible for leading the prevention program in a Fire Centre.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in a field related to forestry, resource management, or equivalent knowledge plus 3 years recent related experience; or
- Technical diploma in a field related to forestry, resource management or equivalent knowledge plus 5 years recent related experience; or
- Grade 12 plus 7 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and related experience; and
- Related experience is defined as operations management or other disciplines related to natural resource management.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in program and/or project management.
- Demonstrated experience working on land and resource management issues.
For more information and to apply online by October 31, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/54736