Senior Wildfire Officer Operations – Ministry of Forests (Castlegar/hybrid)
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work from home up to 2 days a
week as per the Telework Agreement. Flexible work options may not be available during
emergency operations response periods.
Senior Wildfire Officer Operations
$80,652.20 – $91,992.70 annually
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is British Columbia’s primary emergency response organization. It
operates year-round to deliver its mandate for wildfire management and response to natural
hazard emergencies. The BCWS delivers services through six fire centres, thirty-three zones and
two provincial centres in Kamloops and Victoria.
The Senior Wildfire Officer Operations is responsible for preparing, preventing, detecting and
responding to wildfires through the administration of operational resources in a fire centre.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we
serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an
innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service, please visit: Indigenous Applicant
Advisory Service – Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
Qualifications for this role include:
• Degree in a field related to forestry, resource management, or equivalent knowledge plus 3
years recent **related experience; or
• Technical diploma in a field related to forestry, resource management or equivalent
knowledge plus 5 years recent **related experience; or
• Grade 12 plus 7 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education,
training and **related experience; and
**Related experience is defined as emergency operations management or other disciplines
related to natural resource management.
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
• Experience in program and/or project management.
• Experience working on land and resource management issues.
• Valid Class 5 driver licence or equivalent.
For more information and to apply online by May 28, 2023, please go to: