Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development
$59,802.68 - $68,060.72 annually
There is current one (1) vacancy available until May 22, 2021.
This position is based in Prince George, but Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson, Fort St. John, Mackenzie, Valemount and Vanderhoof may be considered.
A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is a unique area of government tasked with the responsibility of preventing, managing and suppressing unwanted wildfire on the landscape. Approximately 1600 field workers - comprising technical experts, strategic thinkers and fire operations staff - are dedicated to undertaking the BCWS mandate in delivering effective wildfire management and emergency response support to protect life and values at risk, encouraging sustainable, healthy and resilient ecosystems.
In this exciting position, your responsibilities will include the delivery of education, enforcement and engineering related to the prevention program in the Fire Centre. If you meet the job requirements, enjoy being a part of a team and have a passion for helping to protect BC forests and communities from wildfires, we encourage you to consider this opportunity.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in a field related to forestry, resource management or equivalent knowledge, plus one (1) year related experience; OR,
- Technical diploma in a field related to forestry, resource management, or equivalent knowledge, plus three (3) years related experience; OR,
- Grade 12 plus five (5) years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and training. Note: Related experience is defined as operations or other disciplines related to natural resource management.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
Incident Commander 4 or higher.
- Registered or eligible to register with the Association of BC Forest Professionals.
- Valid class 5 driver licence
For more information and to apply online by August 16, 2020, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/70623