There are 6 separate Dispatcher opportunities in the following locations:
Kamloops, Castlegar, Parksville, Prince George, Smithers, Williams Lake
This position has full time on-site requirements.
This temporary opportunity starts in approximately February 2024 and ends in November
2024, with possibility of recall on a yearly basis.
$52,803.18 to $59,607.79 (Smithers isolation pay is $36.53 bi-weekly)
Coordinate emergency management in one of BC’s mission critical programs
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is the Province of BC’s primary emergency response
organization. It operates year-round to deliver its mandate for wildfire management and
response to natural hazard emergencies. The BCWS operates provincially, delivering services
through six fire centres, thirty-three zones and two provincial centres in Kamloops and
This position is responsible for providing a communication link between the general public,
field operations and Regional Wildfire Coordination Centres.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Grade 12 or equivalent
Preference may be given to candidates:
• who can demonstrate an accurate typing speed of 50 words per minute or greater
• experience working in a demanding environment with strict timelines
• experience working in an office and team setting
• experience in records management or filing
• experience in emergency response
• experience working with computers and digital systems
• experience working with Microsoft Office suite
For more information and to apply online by January 15, 2024, please go to: