Ministry of Forests
Lillooet, Lytton, Merritt, Penticton, Salmon Arm, Vernon
This posting is to establish an eligibility list to fill permanent and/or temporary Wildfire
Technician vacancies within the Kamloops Fire Centre’s Regional Zone Offices.
$63,446.31 – $72,142.65 annually
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is a unique program of government tasked with the responsibility of
preventing and managing unwanted wildfires on the landscape. With a workforce of approximately 1,600
field workers, the program staff are dedicated to undertaking the BCWS mandate in delivering effective
wildfire management and emergency response support to protect life and values at risk, encouraging
sustainable, healthy and resilient ecosystems.
The Wildfire Technician is responsible for performing a core set of functions related to fire
response and fire management. This role assists with the planning and implementing of wildfire
preparedness, response and prevention initiatives with clients, partners and stakeholders.
You must apply to each area you are interested in. Your application will not be shared with or forwarded
to other BC Wildfire Zones.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Degree in a field related to forestry, resource management or equivalent knowledge, plus 1 year
recent related experience; or
• Technical diploma in a field related to forestry, resource management, or equivalent knowledge,
plus 3 years recent related experience; or
• Grade 12 plus 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and training;
o Related experience is defined as operations or other disciplines related to natural
• Minimum 2 years of demonstrated supervisory experience.
• Preference may be given to candidates with Incident Commander 4 or higher.
• Valid class 5 driver licence.
For more information, and to apply online by February 5, 2023, please go to: