Ministry of Forests
$63,446.31 – $72,142.65 annually
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is a unique area of government tasked with the responsibility of
preventing, managing and suppressing wildfire on the landscape. With a workforce of
approximately 1600, the program’s staff are dedicated to undertaking the BCWS mandate in
delivering effective wildfire management and emergency response support to protect values, while
encouraging sustainable, healthy and resilient ecosystems.
This position is responsible for supporting the delivery of preparing, preventing, detecting and
responding to wildfires through the administration of operational resources in a Fire Centre.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we
serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an
innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant
Advisory Service – Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
Qualifications for this role include:
• Degree in a field related to forestry, resource management or equivalent knowledge, plus
one (1) year recent related experience; OR,
• Technical diploma in a field related to forestry, resource management, or equivalent
knowledge, plus three (3) years recent related experience; OR,
• Grade 12 plus five (4) years related experience; OR,
• An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may be considered;
• Recent, related experience is defined as experience in emergency management or other
disciplines related to natural resource management.
• Preference may be given to candidates with a Minimum of two (2) years supervisory
• Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
o Experience in program and/or project management.
o Experience and, or training in the Incident Command System
• Valid Class 5 drivers license.
For more information and to apply online by January 17, 2023, please go to: